The PixlD team developed and executed a simple but effective social media campaign for Harris Paints to introduce and build brand awareness for their ‘Full Spectrum Colour Pack’ in the Barbados market. This centred around use of the #HarrisColourTherapy hashtag.
Purpose was to create and implement a six-week campaign to build brand awareness for Harris Paints/Caribbean Champions of Colour’s new initiative: The Full Spectrum Colouring Pack. An initiative, within the Barbados market, to allow expression through colouring
- Increasing social engagement by 50%
- Increasing the fanbase by a minimum of 5%
- As well as generating purchases of the colouring pack.
3. The Campaign
Barbadian fans of the Caribbean Champions of Colour Page were encouraged to purchase the Full Spectrum colouring pack, colour a page, upload the picture to either their Instagram or Facebook accounts and tag them using the designated hashtag #HarrisColourTherapy. Finally, they were to get friends to like the posts for the opportunity of win one of three prizes.
4. The Approach
A social media style guide and action plan were developed. This established:
- The look and feel of posts: Vibrant. Rich. Happy.
- The brand voice (specific to this completion): Fun. Fresh. Happy Casual. Brief. Updates generally no more than 140 characters.
- Ads scheduled using Power Editor. A/B testing and bi-weekly reviews to ensure optimal ad performance.
- List of popular and relevant hashtags for Instagram.
- A schedule of relevant World days
- And finally, posting schedules (days and times).
The essence of the approach was to:
- Devise a pre-launch plan for Facebook and Instagram to drive anticipation and create interest among the target audience.
- Use Facebook’s geo-targeting and a dedicated Instagram Hashtag strategy to target/reach the preferred audience.
- Use the power of entrants’ networks to promote the new product.
- Create a comprehensive social native ad plan that ensured the content reached the primary audience before and during the campaign.
Campaign was restricted to Facebook and Instagram.
The following results, attained, were beyond expectation:
- A reach of 56,000+. Approximately 20x the current fanbase.
- 3784+ organic engagements on entries
- CPV of video as low as $0.01 to relevant target audiences.
- 18800 engagements on images and videos.
- Fan Growth increase by 5.7% (average of both networks)
Overall Harris Paint achieved their objective of increasing the fanbase, attain a wider brand reach and interaction during the course of the campaign.
Based on social activity and results achieved, recommendations were made for future campaigns.